Relieve Pain With Massage Therapy
Pain affects every aspect of your life. When you hurt, it's hard to move, sleep, or even concentrate when you're at work or school. Oswego, IL, chiropractors Drs. Eric Carson and John Hosten of Carson Chiropractic discuss how you can treat your painful symptoms naturally with massage therapy.
How can massage therapy help me?
Massage therapy loosens and relaxes tight muscles, but that's not its only benefit. Manipulating your muscles improves both blood and lymph circulation, which makes it easier for your body to remove waste products from your body and also helps nutrients and oxygen reach the cells in your body. Increased blood circulation can also speed healing, helping your recover from injuries that affect your bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints more quickly.
Tight muscles often press on tendons, ligaments and nerves, causing pain, stiffness, headaches, numbness and tingling. Once your muscles are relaxed, these symptoms improve. Massage triggers the release of natural pain killers called endorphins that can help you decrease your use of pain medications. Is your life stressful? Regular massages can reduce both stress and anxiety by boosting your serotonin level. Serotonin is a natural chemical that makes you feel calm and relaxed.
When is massage therapy recommended?
Scheduling a massage therapy appointment in our Oswego office is a good idea if:
- Your muscles hurt due to an injury or the effects of stress.
- You would like to increase your range of motion or balance your gait.
- You frequently experience headaches or migraines.
- You have scar tissue or adhesions that make movement difficult.
- You suffer from low back, jaw, neck, or shoulder pain or carpal tunnel syndrome.
- You want to relieve menstrual symptoms.
- You have a pulled muscles or ligaments.
- You have a chronic disease or condition, such as asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis, fibromyalgia, allergies, osteoarthritis, or spastic colon.
- You have difficulty sleeping or suffer from sleep apnea.
Relieve your pain with massage treatment! Call Oswego, IL, chiropractors Drs. Eric Carson and John Hosten of Carson Chiropractic at (630) 551-1003 to schedule an appointment.