Carson Chiropractic Oswego IL Blog
Posts for tag: Massage Therapy
What massage therapy from your chiropractor in Oswego, IL, can do for you
Massage therapy can help you relax, but that isn’t all it will do. The truth is, massage therapy can help you feel better in many ways. Dr. Eric Carson at Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, Illinois offers a wide range of chiropractic services including massage therapy, to help you feel better.
Massage therapy is an effective treatment for relieving pain from:
- Chronic headaches and migraines
- Jaw disorders including TMJ problems
- Arthritis and other degenerative joint problems
- Carpal tunnel and other nerve issues
- Diabetic neuropathy in your extremities
- Sprained or strained muscles or ligaments
- Circulatory and digestive problems
- Allergies and respiratory issues
- Sinus problems and congestion
- Insomnia and stress management
Massage therapy is an effective treatment to help in your rehabilitation from an accident, injury, or even a surgery. While you are healing, full range-of-motion and flexibility can often be lost due to scar tissue buildup and adhesions. Massage can help restore flexibility, mobility, and range-of-motion by breaking up adhesions, and lengthening tight muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
Great circulation is one factor that can help your tissues heal, and massage therapy has been shown to boost circulation. Massage can help you heal faster, and feel better during recovery from an illness, accident, or injury.
If you enjoy being active or playing sports, sore muscles can keep you from feeling and performing your best. Massage can help relieve soreness by easing tense, aching muscles, and helping you relax.
At Carson Chiropractic, your chiropractor may recommend combining massage therapy with other treatments including adjustments, thermal therapy, and stretching exercises to help you feel your best. Massage techniques may include moving and fixed pressure, compression, and vibration to give you the best, most relaxing, and therapeutic results.
Massage therapy can help you and your body feel better. To learn more about why you should try massage therapy and what it can do for you, call Dr. Eric Carson of Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, at (630) 551-1003. Call today!
Massage provides a completely natural way to ease pain and reduce stiffness. Offered by Dr. Eric Carson here at Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, read on to learn about the different benefits of this treatment method.
Advantages of Massage Treatments
Massage therapy can help:
- Relieve Pain: Massage loosens tight muscles and tendons, reduces inflammation, and promotes healing by improving blood circulation. The therapy is also helpful in eliminating painful knots in your muscles and is effective whether your pain is caused by an injury, poor posture, a chronic condition, or headaches. Massage therapy is often combined with other chiropractic treatments, including spinal manipulation, soft tissue mobilization or ultrasound therapy.
- Increase Range of Motion: It can be difficult to move your joints easily if the muscles that surround your joints are too tight. Over time, tight muscles can stress the joints and may even affect the alignment of your spine. Loosening tight muscles with massage therapy at the Oswego chiropractic office can help you improve your range of motion and increase flexibility.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety: Would you like to find a natural way to manage your stress and anxiety? Massage triggers the release of serotonin, a natural chemical that improves your mood and relieves stress. After a soothing massage, you'll feel calm and relaxed for hours.
- Improve Sleep: Do you often feel exhausted and irritable because you just don't sleep well at night? You may find that you sleep better when you're less stressed and your muscles and joints are no longer tired and achy. Improving the quality and duration of sleep will also help you feel more rested during the day.
- Speed Recovery from a Workout: After a particularly grueling workout, it's not unusual to experience a little stiffness or pain in your muscles. Massage decreases inflammation that can cause pain and keeps your muscles loose and flexible.
- Boost Your Immune System: Massage also improves lymph system drainage. Your lymph system removes toxins from your body and plays an important role in your good health.
Are you ready to experience the many benefits of massage therapy? Call your chiropractor, Dr. Carson of Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, at (630) 551-1003 to schedule an appointment.
Find out how massage therapy could improve your mind, body and spirit.
When people think about massage therapy they often think of it as a tranquil spa experience that helps them relax. While massage therapy can certainly be relaxing it can also do so much more for your health and wellness. Find out more about massage therapy and some of the benefits you could enjoy when you turn to our Oswego, IL, chiropractor Dr. Eric Carson for care.
Everything from morning traffic to having a baby can cause stress. Stress leads to muscle tension, which in turn can cause a host of musculoskeletal aches and pain as well as headaches. One way to help you relax and reduce stress is by turning to a chiropractor for regular care and maintenance. Along with reducing stress, massage therapy can also improve energy levels and mental performance.
You might not realize it but certain areas of the body may not be getting the proper blood flow they need. Blood delivers key nutrients all over the body and when there are areas that don’t get proper circulation they often become fatigued, stiff or painful. By getting massage therapy, our chiropractor can improve blood flow to certain areas, which also speeds up the body’s natural healing process.
Pain management is one of the most common reasons people get massage therapy in Oswego, IL. Millions of people are dealing with acute and chronic pain, from lower back pain to whiplash, and massage therapy offers an effective, non-medicinal way to alleviate those aches and pains and improve how the body functions as a whole.
Enhance Your Sleep
Having trouble sleeping? If so, you certainly aren’t alone. More than 50 million Americans suffer from 80 different sleep disorders and an additional 20 to 30 million suffer from intermittent sleep problems. While there are certainly good sleep habits that you should adopt in order to improve the quality of your sleep, if you find that catching those ZZZ's has been challenging then you may want to consider massage therapy. Massage therapy reduces stress, boosts mood, and reduces tension in the body, all of which go a long way to promoting better sleep.
If you are dealing with neck and back pain or other problems that are affecting your quality of life then it’s time to find out if massage therapy could help you. Call Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, today to schedule a comprehensive evaluation.
Pain affects every aspect of your life. When you hurt, it's hard to move, sleep, or even concentrate when you're at work or school. Oswego, IL, chiropractors Drs. Eric Carson and John Hosten of Carson Chiropractic discuss how you can treat your painful symptoms naturally with massage therapy.
How can massage therapy help me?
Massage therapy loosens and relaxes tight muscles, but that's not its only benefit. Manipulating your muscles improves both blood and lymph circulation, which makes it easier for your body to remove waste products from your body and also helps nutrients and oxygen reach the cells in your body. Increased blood circulation can also speed healing, helping your recover from injuries that affect your bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints more quickly.
Tight muscles often press on tendons, ligaments and nerves, causing pain, stiffness, headaches, numbness and tingling. Once your muscles are relaxed, these symptoms improve. Massage triggers the release of natural pain killers called endorphins that can help you decrease your use of pain medications. Is your life stressful? Regular massages can reduce both stress and anxiety by boosting your serotonin level. Serotonin is a natural chemical that makes you feel calm and relaxed.
When is massage therapy recommended?
Scheduling a massage therapy appointment in our Oswego office is a good idea if:
- Your muscles hurt due to an injury or the effects of stress.
- You would like to increase your range of motion or balance your gait.
- You frequently experience headaches or migraines.
- You have scar tissue or adhesions that make movement difficult.
- You suffer from low back, jaw, neck, or shoulder pain or carpal tunnel syndrome.
- You want to relieve menstrual symptoms.
- You have a pulled muscles or ligaments.
- You have a chronic disease or condition, such as asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis, fibromyalgia, allergies, osteoarthritis, or spastic colon.
- You have difficulty sleeping or suffer from sleep apnea.
Relieve your pain with massage treatment! Call Oswego, IL, chiropractors Drs. Eric Carson and John Hosten of Carson Chiropractic at (630) 551-1003 to schedule an appointment.