Carson Chiropractic Oswego IL Blog
Posts for tag: Lower Back Pain
Need a chiropractor?
Your Oswego, IL, chiropractor can help with many issues, like back pain, herniated discs, or arthritis, just to name a few. Learn more about what your Oswego chiropractor can help you with several issues.
According to the American Chiropractic Association, 80 percent of people will experience some sort of back problem or issue in their lifetime and about 30 million Americans look for chiropractic care every year, so your Oswego chiropractor understands the obstacles you face due to back pain, so here are a few tips to help you out.
- Sharp pain
- Dull ache
- Burning sensation
Vertebral discs are bodily shock absorbers sandwiched between vertebral bodies. Without discs, our spines could collapse. Discs are what prevents our vertebrae from grinding against each other and are essential for our motor functions.
There are two categories of herniated discs: contained and non-contained discs.
- Contained discs are protruding in areas they shouldn't be but are intact.
- Non-contained discs are ruptured, and may also protrude, which means there are areas of the spine with leaking fluid causing other catastrophic issues.
- Back pain
- Burning pain in the shoulders in neck, or arm
- Weakness in leg and/or foot
- Tingling, pins-and-needles sensation, or numbness in the leg and/or foot, or in an arm
- Weakness in one arm
As one of the leading causes of disability in the USA, arthritis affects people of different ages, sexes, and races, but is more common amongst women and the elderly, according to the Arthritis Foundation.
Types of Arthritis:
- Fibromyalgia, a slew of symptoms including: chronic pain, fatigue, memory problems, and mood change
- Gout, an inflammatory arthritis affecting people who have a high concentration of uric acid
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, it's when the nerve that travels from your forearm to the palm is squeezed at the wrist
- Lyme Disease, it's an infection caused by bacteria found in deer ticks
- Lupus, an autoimmune disease that impacts several organs, such as joints, kidneys, skin, or brain
- Osteoarthritis, the breakdown of the cartilage between joints
- Osteoporosis, it's when bone tissue is broken down faster than it's replaced
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks joints
If you have any questions about chiropractic care or concerns, you should call your Oswego, IL, Chiropractor.
Chiropractic Care for Lower Back Problems
Most people will have a minor lower back problem at one time or another. Our body movements usually do not cause problems, but symptoms can develop from overuse, injury, or everyday wear and tear. Dr. Eric Carson and Dr. John Hosten at Carson Chiropractic, which is located in Oswego, IL, offer chiropractic treatments for lower back problems.
Back injuries are a common cause of back pain. Back injuries often occur when you damage your back muscles, such as by doing yard work or lifting a heavy object. Minor back injuries may also occur from falling, tripping, or excessive twisting of the spine. Severe back injuries may result from accidents, direct blows to the back, or a high-energy fall onto the buttocks. Having a degenerative disease such as osteoporosis can also cause back pain.
Acute injuries happen suddenly. Pain from acute injuries may be sudden and severe. Bruising and inflammation may develop after the injury. Pain from an acute injury usually doesn't last longer than several weeks. Acute injuries include sprains, strains, fractures or dislocation of the spine, or a ruptured disc.
An overuse injury is any type of injury that's caused by repetitive movement and overuse. Overuse injuries can occur when you try to take on too much activity too quickly. Overuse injuries happen most often from improper posture or movement while walking, standing, lifting, sitting, or even while sleeping. Symptoms can include stiffness, tenderness, muscle spasms, and pain.
Your chiropractor will evaluate your spine as a whole—regardless of whether you have a shoulder injury or back pain. Your doctor will start with a physical examination that focuses on your spine, with attention given to the areas of complaint. You will also go through your medical history with your doctor, and they may order x-rays or other tests to confirm a diagnosis.
A chiropractor can help with your lower back problem. Chiropractic medicine is a type of medical therapy that's focused on manipulating the spine and nervous system. Chiropractic treatments are not only non-invasive and cost-effective, they work. Your doctor will develop a program of care that may combine more than one type of treatment. Treatments for lower back injuries and pain may include chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy, rehabilitative exercises, or Active Release Technique.
A back injury can affect your day-to-day activities and make life frustrating and miserable. Call Carson Chiropractic at 630-551-1003 today to schedule a consultation in Oswego, IL. Get your life back on track by receiving the best back injury treatment available. We want you to live your best life!