Carson Chiropractic Oswego IL Blog
Posts for tag: Back Problems
Lower back pain can range from mild to excruciating and can be caused by injury to the muscles, ligaments, joints, or discs in your back. Lower back problems can make exercising, sitting, and even sleeping difficult, but with the help of the chiropractors of Carson Chiropractic, you can relive your pain and be back to feeling great.
What are the symptoms of lower back pain?
Lower back pain may manifest in one or more of the following symptoms:
- Dull, achy pain felt only in the lower back
- Muscle spasms in the lower back, hips, and pelvis
- Pain that intensifies after sitting or standing for an extended time
- Burning or stinging pain that permeates down the thigh or as far as the feet
- Pain which prevents you from standing up straight or moving from sitting to standing
How can I manage my lower back pain?
At our chiropractic office in Oswego, we will help you identify the source of your back pain, and depending on the cause and intensity your chiropractor may recommend at-home remedies, stretches, or in-office treatments like massage. Surgery is rarely necessary for lower back pain unless it is caused by a pinched nerve.
Management techniques include:
- Alternating between icing and heating the area
- Using over the counter anti-inflammatory medications
- Switching to a medium-firm mattress
- Regular massage at our Oswego chiropractic office
- Gentle stretches
- Physical therapy
- Medications prescribed by your chiropractor
- Wearing supportive shoes
- Core strengthening exercises
How can I prevent lower back pain from recurring?
Once you and your chiropractor have found a solution for your lower back pain that is effective and long-lasting, you should be cognizant of factors that may cause pain to return. Exercise, maintaining a healthy weight, lifting heavy objects properly by bending at the knees, avoiding carrying heavy bags or backpacks, and choosing a supportive desk chair can help keep you pain-free.
Contact our chiropractic office in Oswego today at 630-551-1003 if you are looking for relief from your lower back pain.