We Offer CDL Physicals and Drug Screenings
A DOT/CDL physical assesses your physical and mental health to ensure no medical conditions interfere with your ability to operate a vehicle safely. Dr. Eric Carson of Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, offers patients a CDL physical and drug testing when potential employers ask for it.
How to Prepare for your CDL Physical and Drug Screening
If you have a medical condition, there is additional paperwork you need:
- Bring a list of medications if you're diabetic and a test that shows your average blood sugar level over the past 3 months.
- Bring a list of medications for high blood pressure.
- You'll need a copy of your last stress test if you have a heart condition.
- If you have sleep apnea, bring the most recent CPAP results.
FAQs About CDL Physicals and Drug Tests
1. What does a DOT physical drug test include?
This varies from one place to another. Depending on the company, you may be required to take a drug and alcohol test. The 5 Panel drug test your Oswego doctor uses to analyzes urine are:
2. What’s involved in a DOT physical?
The process takes 30 minutes to complete and involves a urine test to screen kidneys for early-onset diabetes or infection by testing sugar, blood, and protein.
3. Do you take a copy of your test results?
You can take a copy and are given a laminated medical card you should keep with when you drive.
4. How long is a DOT medical card good for?
A DOT medical card is good for two years depending on your medical history. If you have high blood pressure or diabetes, this may reduce the validity of your card to one year.
Do you need to speak to a doctor?
Want to take the CDL physical and drug test? Call Dr. Eric Carson or Carson Chiropractic at his Oswego, IL, office at 630-551-1003 for an appointment today.