Carson Chiropractic Oswego IL Blog
Posts for category: Chiropractic
What massage therapy from your chiropractor in Oswego, IL, can do for you
Massage therapy can help you relax, but that isn’t all it will do. The truth is, massage therapy can help you feel better in many ways. Dr. Eric Carson at Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, Illinois offers a wide range of chiropractic services including massage therapy, to help you feel better.
Massage therapy is an effective treatment for relieving pain from:
- Chronic headaches and migraines
- Jaw disorders including TMJ problems
- Arthritis and other degenerative joint problems
- Carpal tunnel and other nerve issues
- Diabetic neuropathy in your extremities
- Sprained or strained muscles or ligaments
- Circulatory and digestive problems
- Allergies and respiratory issues
- Sinus problems and congestion
- Insomnia and stress management
Massage therapy is an effective treatment to help in your rehabilitation from an accident, injury, or even a surgery. While you are healing, full range-of-motion and flexibility can often be lost due to scar tissue buildup and adhesions. Massage can help restore flexibility, mobility, and range-of-motion by breaking up adhesions, and lengthening tight muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
Great circulation is one factor that can help your tissues heal, and massage therapy has been shown to boost circulation. Massage can help you heal faster, and feel better during recovery from an illness, accident, or injury.
If you enjoy being active or playing sports, sore muscles can keep you from feeling and performing your best. Massage can help relieve soreness by easing tense, aching muscles, and helping you relax.
At Carson Chiropractic, your chiropractor may recommend combining massage therapy with other treatments including adjustments, thermal therapy, and stretching exercises to help you feel your best. Massage techniques may include moving and fixed pressure, compression, and vibration to give you the best, most relaxing, and therapeutic results.
Massage therapy can help you and your body feel better. To learn more about why you should try massage therapy and what it can do for you, call Dr. Eric Carson of Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, at (630) 551-1003. Call today!
Massage provides a completely natural way to ease pain and reduce stiffness. Offered by Dr. Eric Carson here at Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, read on to learn about the different benefits of this treatment method.
Advantages of Massage Treatments
Massage therapy can help:
- Relieve Pain: Massage loosens tight muscles and tendons, reduces inflammation, and promotes healing by improving blood circulation. The therapy is also helpful in eliminating painful knots in your muscles and is effective whether your pain is caused by an injury, poor posture, a chronic condition, or headaches. Massage therapy is often combined with other chiropractic treatments, including spinal manipulation, soft tissue mobilization or ultrasound therapy.
- Increase Range of Motion: It can be difficult to move your joints easily if the muscles that surround your joints are too tight. Over time, tight muscles can stress the joints and may even affect the alignment of your spine. Loosening tight muscles with massage therapy at the Oswego chiropractic office can help you improve your range of motion and increase flexibility.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety: Would you like to find a natural way to manage your stress and anxiety? Massage triggers the release of serotonin, a natural chemical that improves your mood and relieves stress. After a soothing massage, you'll feel calm and relaxed for hours.
- Improve Sleep: Do you often feel exhausted and irritable because you just don't sleep well at night? You may find that you sleep better when you're less stressed and your muscles and joints are no longer tired and achy. Improving the quality and duration of sleep will also help you feel more rested during the day.
- Speed Recovery from a Workout: After a particularly grueling workout, it's not unusual to experience a little stiffness or pain in your muscles. Massage decreases inflammation that can cause pain and keeps your muscles loose and flexible.
- Boost Your Immune System: Massage also improves lymph system drainage. Your lymph system removes toxins from your body and plays an important role in your good health.
Are you ready to experience the many benefits of massage therapy? Call your chiropractor, Dr. Carson of Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, at (630) 551-1003 to schedule an appointment.
Most people will have a back issue at one time or another. They can develop from overuse, everyday wear and tear, or injury. Back problems often occur during recreational activities, home projects, or work-related tasks. Fortunately, chiropractic care can help. Led by Dr. Eric Carson, Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL offers a full range of chiropractic care to their patients. Here are 5 ways chiropractic care can improve your back issues.
1. It can reduce your pain. Chiropractic doctors aim to alleviate back pain by restoring joint mobility and proper alignment in the spine, through chiropractic adjustments. Controlled force is applied hands-on to individual joints of your spine, to loosen them up and to stretch tight muscle tissue surrounding them.
2. It speeds up the recovery process. Chiropractic treatment is often utilized to help speed up the recovery process after a back injury. Chiropractic treatments help to alleviate pressure on the spinal cord, improve blood flow, which in turn eliminates pain and encourages healing.
3. It can reduce inflammation. Inflammatory diseases of the joints such as arthritis can cause back pain. Chiropractic adjustments can help reduce inflammation. When the spine and other joints are properly aligned, your body's biomechanics will return to normal.
4. It can improve your posture. People with back pain may find themselves hunched over or leaning to the side. Chiropractic care can help correct the painful issues, leading to better posture. Over time, regular chiropractic treatments can help align tilting and curves in the spine and improve your posture.
5. It involves no drugs or surgery. Chiropractic care utilizes the inherent recuperative power of the body to heal itself. It can help you regain your health without drugs or surgery. Chiropractic is one of the safest drug-free, non-invasive treatments available for the treatment of back issues.
Ready to take control of your health? Call Carson Chiropractic at 630-551-1003 today to schedule a consultation in Oswego, IL.