Massage provides a completely natural way to ease pain and reduce stiffness. Offered by Dr. Eric Carson here at Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, read on to learn about the different benefits of this treatment method.
Advantages of Massage Treatments
Massage therapy can help:
- Relieve Pain: Massage loosens tight muscles and tendons, reduces inflammation, and promotes healing by improving blood circulation. The therapy is also helpful in eliminating painful knots in your muscles and is effective whether your pain is caused by an injury, poor posture, a chronic condition, or headaches. Massage therapy is often combined with other chiropractic treatments, including spinal manipulation, soft tissue mobilization or ultrasound therapy.
- Increase Range of Motion: It can be difficult to move your joints easily if the muscles that surround your joints are too tight. Over time, tight muscles can stress the joints and may even affect the alignment of your spine. Loosening tight muscles with massage therapy at the Oswego chiropractic office can help you improve your range of motion and increase flexibility.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety: Would you like to find a natural way to manage your stress and anxiety? Massage triggers the release of serotonin, a natural chemical that improves your mood and relieves stress. After a soothing massage, you'll feel calm and relaxed for hours.
- Improve Sleep: Do you often feel exhausted and irritable because you just don't sleep well at night? You may find that you sleep better when you're less stressed and your muscles and joints are no longer tired and achy. Improving the quality and duration of sleep will also help you feel more rested during the day.
- Speed Recovery from a Workout: After a particularly grueling workout, it's not unusual to experience a little stiffness or pain in your muscles. Massage decreases inflammation that can cause pain and keeps your muscles loose and flexible.
- Boost Your Immune System: Massage also improves lymph system drainage. Your lymph system removes toxins from your body and plays an important role in your good health.
Are you ready to experience the many benefits of massage therapy? Call your chiropractor, Dr. Carson of Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, at (630) 551-1003 to schedule an appointment.