Carson Chiropractic Oswego IL Blog
A DOT/CDL physical assesses your physical and mental health to ensure no medical conditions interfere with your ability to operate a vehicle safely. Dr. Eric Carson of Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, offers patients a CDL physical and drug testing when potential employers ask for it.
How to Prepare for your CDL Physical and Drug Screening
If you have a medical condition, there is additional paperwork you need:
- Bring a list of medications if you're diabetic and a test that shows your average blood sugar level over the past 3 months.
- Bring a list of medications for high blood pressure.
- You'll need a copy of your last stress test if you have a heart condition.
- If you have sleep apnea, bring the most recent CPAP results.
FAQs About CDL Physicals and Drug Tests
1. What does a DOT physical drug test include?
This varies from one place to another. Depending on the company, you may be required to take a drug and alcohol test. The 5 Panel drug test your Oswego doctor uses to analyzes urine are:
2. What’s involved in a DOT physical?
The process takes 30 minutes to complete and involves a urine test to screen kidneys for early-onset diabetes or infection by testing sugar, blood, and protein.
3. Do you take a copy of your test results?
You can take a copy and are given a laminated medical card you should keep with when you drive.
4. How long is a DOT medical card good for?
A DOT medical card is good for two years depending on your medical history. If you have high blood pressure or diabetes, this may reduce the validity of your card to one year.
Do you need to speak to a doctor?
Want to take the CDL physical and drug test? Call Dr. Eric Carson or Carson Chiropractic at his Oswego, IL, office at 630-551-1003 for an appointment today.
What massage therapy from your chiropractor in Oswego, IL, can do for you
Massage therapy can help you relax, but that isn’t all it will do. The truth is, massage therapy can help you feel better in many ways. Dr. Eric Carson at Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, Illinois offers a wide range of chiropractic services including massage therapy, to help you feel better.
Massage therapy is an effective treatment for relieving pain from:
- Chronic headaches and migraines
- Jaw disorders including TMJ problems
- Arthritis and other degenerative joint problems
- Carpal tunnel and other nerve issues
- Diabetic neuropathy in your extremities
- Sprained or strained muscles or ligaments
- Circulatory and digestive problems
- Allergies and respiratory issues
- Sinus problems and congestion
- Insomnia and stress management
Massage therapy is an effective treatment to help in your rehabilitation from an accident, injury, or even a surgery. While you are healing, full range-of-motion and flexibility can often be lost due to scar tissue buildup and adhesions. Massage can help restore flexibility, mobility, and range-of-motion by breaking up adhesions, and lengthening tight muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
Great circulation is one factor that can help your tissues heal, and massage therapy has been shown to boost circulation. Massage can help you heal faster, and feel better during recovery from an illness, accident, or injury.
If you enjoy being active or playing sports, sore muscles can keep you from feeling and performing your best. Massage can help relieve soreness by easing tense, aching muscles, and helping you relax.
At Carson Chiropractic, your chiropractor may recommend combining massage therapy with other treatments including adjustments, thermal therapy, and stretching exercises to help you feel your best. Massage techniques may include moving and fixed pressure, compression, and vibration to give you the best, most relaxing, and therapeutic results.
Massage therapy can help you and your body feel better. To learn more about why you should try massage therapy and what it can do for you, call Dr. Eric Carson of Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, at (630) 551-1003. Call today!
Massage provides a completely natural way to ease pain and reduce stiffness. Offered by Dr. Eric Carson here at Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, read on to learn about the different benefits of this treatment method.
Advantages of Massage Treatments
Massage therapy can help:
- Relieve Pain: Massage loosens tight muscles and tendons, reduces inflammation, and promotes healing by improving blood circulation. The therapy is also helpful in eliminating painful knots in your muscles and is effective whether your pain is caused by an injury, poor posture, a chronic condition, or headaches. Massage therapy is often combined with other chiropractic treatments, including spinal manipulation, soft tissue mobilization or ultrasound therapy.
- Increase Range of Motion: It can be difficult to move your joints easily if the muscles that surround your joints are too tight. Over time, tight muscles can stress the joints and may even affect the alignment of your spine. Loosening tight muscles with massage therapy at the Oswego chiropractic office can help you improve your range of motion and increase flexibility.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety: Would you like to find a natural way to manage your stress and anxiety? Massage triggers the release of serotonin, a natural chemical that improves your mood and relieves stress. After a soothing massage, you'll feel calm and relaxed for hours.
- Improve Sleep: Do you often feel exhausted and irritable because you just don't sleep well at night? You may find that you sleep better when you're less stressed and your muscles and joints are no longer tired and achy. Improving the quality and duration of sleep will also help you feel more rested during the day.
- Speed Recovery from a Workout: After a particularly grueling workout, it's not unusual to experience a little stiffness or pain in your muscles. Massage decreases inflammation that can cause pain and keeps your muscles loose and flexible.
- Boost Your Immune System: Massage also improves lymph system drainage. Your lymph system removes toxins from your body and plays an important role in your good health.
Are you ready to experience the many benefits of massage therapy? Call your chiropractor, Dr. Carson of Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, at (630) 551-1003 to schedule an appointment.
Most people will have a back issue at one time or another. They can develop from overuse, everyday wear and tear, or injury. Back problems often occur during recreational activities, home projects, or work-related tasks. Fortunately, chiropractic care can help. Led by Dr. Eric Carson, Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL offers a full range of chiropractic care to their patients. Here are 5 ways chiropractic care can improve your back issues.
1. It can reduce your pain. Chiropractic doctors aim to alleviate back pain by restoring joint mobility and proper alignment in the spine, through chiropractic adjustments. Controlled force is applied hands-on to individual joints of your spine, to loosen them up and to stretch tight muscle tissue surrounding them.
2. It speeds up the recovery process. Chiropractic treatment is often utilized to help speed up the recovery process after a back injury. Chiropractic treatments help to alleviate pressure on the spinal cord, improve blood flow, which in turn eliminates pain and encourages healing.
3. It can reduce inflammation. Inflammatory diseases of the joints such as arthritis can cause back pain. Chiropractic adjustments can help reduce inflammation. When the spine and other joints are properly aligned, your body's biomechanics will return to normal.
4. It can improve your posture. People with back pain may find themselves hunched over or leaning to the side. Chiropractic care can help correct the painful issues, leading to better posture. Over time, regular chiropractic treatments can help align tilting and curves in the spine and improve your posture.
5. It involves no drugs or surgery. Chiropractic care utilizes the inherent recuperative power of the body to heal itself. It can help you regain your health without drugs or surgery. Chiropractic is one of the safest drug-free, non-invasive treatments available for the treatment of back issues.
Ready to take control of your health? Call Carson Chiropractic at 630-551-1003 today to schedule a consultation in Oswego, IL.
Find out how massage therapy could improve your mind, body and spirit.
When people think about massage therapy they often think of it as a tranquil spa experience that helps them relax. While massage therapy can certainly be relaxing it can also do so much more for your health and wellness. Find out more about massage therapy and some of the benefits you could enjoy when you turn to our Oswego, IL, chiropractor Dr. Eric Carson for care.
Everything from morning traffic to having a baby can cause stress. Stress leads to muscle tension, which in turn can cause a host of musculoskeletal aches and pain as well as headaches. One way to help you relax and reduce stress is by turning to a chiropractor for regular care and maintenance. Along with reducing stress, massage therapy can also improve energy levels and mental performance.
You might not realize it but certain areas of the body may not be getting the proper blood flow they need. Blood delivers key nutrients all over the body and when there are areas that don’t get proper circulation they often become fatigued, stiff or painful. By getting massage therapy, our chiropractor can improve blood flow to certain areas, which also speeds up the body’s natural healing process.
Pain management is one of the most common reasons people get massage therapy in Oswego, IL. Millions of people are dealing with acute and chronic pain, from lower back pain to whiplash, and massage therapy offers an effective, non-medicinal way to alleviate those aches and pains and improve how the body functions as a whole.
Enhance Your Sleep
Having trouble sleeping? If so, you certainly aren’t alone. More than 50 million Americans suffer from 80 different sleep disorders and an additional 20 to 30 million suffer from intermittent sleep problems. While there are certainly good sleep habits that you should adopt in order to improve the quality of your sleep, if you find that catching those ZZZ's has been challenging then you may want to consider massage therapy. Massage therapy reduces stress, boosts mood, and reduces tension in the body, all of which go a long way to promoting better sleep.
If you are dealing with neck and back pain or other problems that are affecting your quality of life then it’s time to find out if massage therapy could help you. Call Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, today to schedule a comprehensive evaluation.
If you're an athlete or someone who is very active at home or at work, then you know the toll that constant and repetitive motion can take on your body. At Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, your doctors, Dr. Eric Carson and Dr. John Hosten, use Active Release Technique on those soft tissue injuries in order to relieve any pain that you may be experiencing. Could you benefit from ART?
What is ART?
Active Release Technique is a way to relieve the pain, inflammation, and limited range of motion associated with repetitive injuries. Typically, athletes and other highly active people experience bouts of elbow, neck, and shoulder pain or even shin splints and carpal tunnel syndrome. The source of these discomforts usually cannot be pinpointed on an X-ray, CT scan, or MRI, but are diagnosed symptomatically instead.
Given that these are injuries of the muscles, nerves, ligaments, tendons, and fascia (connective tissue), surgery, casting, and other treatments are not appropriate or effective. In the mid-eighties, doctors perfected the technique ART to relieve the tension, pain, and inflammation of these soft tissue problems—and it's all done hands-on in our Oswego chiropractor office!
ART is what doctors term "movement based." Your chiropractor in Oswego has been specifically trained to manipulate and move the affected muscles and surrounding areas which are painful and inflamed. The techniques are safe, effective, and simple as they aim to strengthen weak musculature, relieve pinched nerves, balance movement, and increase the range of motion. ART also restores proper blood flow to injured tissues.
Find out more
Chiropractic care focuses on allowing the body to heal naturally from injuries, surgery, arthritis, and the effects of general aging and wear and tear. Active Release Technique helps people feel better and perform their usual activities with greater comfort and effectiveness. As part of the total chiropractic treatment plan, ART can be a great tool in achieving optimal well-being. For more information, please contact Carson Chiropractic at (630) 551-1003.
Need a chiropractor?
Your Oswego, IL, chiropractor can help with many issues, like back pain, herniated discs, or arthritis, just to name a few. Learn more about what your Oswego chiropractor can help you with several issues.
According to the American Chiropractic Association, 80 percent of people will experience some sort of back problem or issue in their lifetime and about 30 million Americans look for chiropractic care every year, so your Oswego chiropractor understands the obstacles you face due to back pain, so here are a few tips to help you out.
- Sharp pain
- Dull ache
- Burning sensation
Vertebral discs are bodily shock absorbers sandwiched between vertebral bodies. Without discs, our spines could collapse. Discs are what prevents our vertebrae from grinding against each other and are essential for our motor functions.
There are two categories of herniated discs: contained and non-contained discs.
- Contained discs are protruding in areas they shouldn't be but are intact.
- Non-contained discs are ruptured, and may also protrude, which means there are areas of the spine with leaking fluid causing other catastrophic issues.
- Back pain
- Burning pain in the shoulders in neck, or arm
- Weakness in leg and/or foot
- Tingling, pins-and-needles sensation, or numbness in the leg and/or foot, or in an arm
- Weakness in one arm
As one of the leading causes of disability in the USA, arthritis affects people of different ages, sexes, and races, but is more common amongst women and the elderly, according to the Arthritis Foundation.
Types of Arthritis:
- Fibromyalgia, a slew of symptoms including: chronic pain, fatigue, memory problems, and mood change
- Gout, an inflammatory arthritis affecting people who have a high concentration of uric acid
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, it's when the nerve that travels from your forearm to the palm is squeezed at the wrist
- Lyme Disease, it's an infection caused by bacteria found in deer ticks
- Lupus, an autoimmune disease that impacts several organs, such as joints, kidneys, skin, or brain
- Osteoarthritis, the breakdown of the cartilage between joints
- Osteoporosis, it's when bone tissue is broken down faster than it's replaced
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks joints
If you have any questions about chiropractic care or concerns, you should call your Oswego, IL, Chiropractor.
Chiropractic Care for Lower Back Problems
Most people will have a minor lower back problem at one time or another. Our body movements usually do not cause problems, but symptoms can develop from overuse, injury, or everyday wear and tear. Dr. Eric Carson and Dr. John Hosten at Carson Chiropractic, which is located in Oswego, IL, offer chiropractic treatments for lower back problems.
Back injuries are a common cause of back pain. Back injuries often occur when you damage your back muscles, such as by doing yard work or lifting a heavy object. Minor back injuries may also occur from falling, tripping, or excessive twisting of the spine. Severe back injuries may result from accidents, direct blows to the back, or a high-energy fall onto the buttocks. Having a degenerative disease such as osteoporosis can also cause back pain.
Acute injuries happen suddenly. Pain from acute injuries may be sudden and severe. Bruising and inflammation may develop after the injury. Pain from an acute injury usually doesn't last longer than several weeks. Acute injuries include sprains, strains, fractures or dislocation of the spine, or a ruptured disc.
An overuse injury is any type of injury that's caused by repetitive movement and overuse. Overuse injuries can occur when you try to take on too much activity too quickly. Overuse injuries happen most often from improper posture or movement while walking, standing, lifting, sitting, or even while sleeping. Symptoms can include stiffness, tenderness, muscle spasms, and pain.
Your chiropractor will evaluate your spine as a whole—regardless of whether you have a shoulder injury or back pain. Your doctor will start with a physical examination that focuses on your spine, with attention given to the areas of complaint. You will also go through your medical history with your doctor, and they may order x-rays or other tests to confirm a diagnosis.
A chiropractor can help with your lower back problem. Chiropractic medicine is a type of medical therapy that's focused on manipulating the spine and nervous system. Chiropractic treatments are not only non-invasive and cost-effective, they work. Your doctor will develop a program of care that may combine more than one type of treatment. Treatments for lower back injuries and pain may include chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy, rehabilitative exercises, or Active Release Technique.
A back injury can affect your day-to-day activities and make life frustrating and miserable. Call Carson Chiropractic at 630-551-1003 today to schedule a consultation in Oswego, IL. Get your life back on track by receiving the best back injury treatment available. We want you to live your best life!
Every major sports organization, including the Olympic teams, have chiropractors on staff to keep their athletes in shape and injury-free. Whether you're in a basketball league, play tennis on the weekends, or run long distances, chiropractic care from Dr. Eric Carson and Dr. John Hosten can enhance your performance and keep you healthy. Learn how working with your chiropractor can prevent sports injuries from sidelining you, as well as how we at Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, can help you recover if you do get injured.
One of the best ways you can prevent sports injuries is by seeing your Oswego chiropractor regularly for adjustments. When your spine is out of alignment, it can have a negative effect on your hips, legs, and feet, hindering your progress and making injuries more likely. Dr. Carson or Dr. Hosten can identify potential problems during your appointments and demonstrate exercises you can do at home to stay flexible and strong.
Fixing the problem
If neck, back, or foot injuries have slowed you down, it's time to make an appointment with your Oswego chiropractor. Using a combination of soft tissue and joint manipulation, a chiropractor can help your body heal itself naturally from impacts or strains. Chiropractic treatments also help patients manage any associated pain effectively by reducing the stress that your muscles, nerves, and discs between the joints have placed on them.
Returning to the game
Getting back into your athletic activity of choice might seem a bit daunting after an injury. That's why it's so important to continue working with your Oswego chiropractor even after you've healed. These adjustments and manipulations will help you stay flexible and prevent another injury from happening.
If you've sustained a sports injury, contact Carson Chiropractic in Oswego, IL, for an evaluation from either Dr. Carson or Dr. Hosten today!
Pain affects every aspect of your life. When you hurt, it's hard to move, sleep, or even concentrate when you're at work or school. Oswego, IL, chiropractors Drs. Eric Carson and John Hosten of Carson Chiropractic discuss how you can treat your painful symptoms naturally with massage therapy.
How can massage therapy help me?
Massage therapy loosens and relaxes tight muscles, but that's not its only benefit. Manipulating your muscles improves both blood and lymph circulation, which makes it easier for your body to remove waste products from your body and also helps nutrients and oxygen reach the cells in your body. Increased blood circulation can also speed healing, helping your recover from injuries that affect your bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints more quickly.
Tight muscles often press on tendons, ligaments and nerves, causing pain, stiffness, headaches, numbness and tingling. Once your muscles are relaxed, these symptoms improve. Massage triggers the release of natural pain killers called endorphins that can help you decrease your use of pain medications. Is your life stressful? Regular massages can reduce both stress and anxiety by boosting your serotonin level. Serotonin is a natural chemical that makes you feel calm and relaxed.
When is massage therapy recommended?
Scheduling a massage therapy appointment in our Oswego office is a good idea if:
- Your muscles hurt due to an injury or the effects of stress.
- You would like to increase your range of motion or balance your gait.
- You frequently experience headaches or migraines.
- You have scar tissue or adhesions that make movement difficult.
- You suffer from low back, jaw, neck, or shoulder pain or carpal tunnel syndrome.
- You want to relieve menstrual symptoms.
- You have a pulled muscles or ligaments.
- You have a chronic disease or condition, such as asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis, fibromyalgia, allergies, osteoarthritis, or spastic colon.
- You have difficulty sleeping or suffer from sleep apnea.
Relieve your pain with massage treatment! Call Oswego, IL, chiropractors Drs. Eric Carson and John Hosten of Carson Chiropractic at (630) 551-1003 to schedule an appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.